It is resolutely essential that outbound gemstone & jewellery export consignments should be conducted via the Head Quarters branch of the National Gem and Jewellery Authority (NGJA) located at No 25, Galle Face Terrace, Colombo 3.
However, this service is made available for the convenience of the exporters at the diamond export unit located at the Air Cargo Village – Bandaranaike International Airport Katunayake & Geuda Export Unit located at the NGJA branch office in Rathnapura
Gem Dealers License
- Potential Exporters Who Wish To Engage In The Exportation Of Gemstones Should Obtain The Valid Official Gem Dealers License Issued By The NGJA .
- The Potential Exporter May Select The Category Of The License To Suite The Stock Value Handled
- The Exporters Are Required To Comply With The Maximum Stock Value Ceiling Indicated In The License For Any Given Export
Diamond Lapidary License
- Potential Businesses Which Engage In The Import And Total Re-export (RIE) of Imported Rough Diamond Stock Consequent To Value Addition Are Required To Obtain The Valid Official License Authorizing The Above Business Activity And Purpose Issued By The NGJA
- Organizations which Do Not Export the Total Consignment Imported for such purposes should obtain the applicable Official license allowing the aforementioned business activity
Jewellery Manufacturers License
- Organizations which intend to export Jewellery and Gemstone Studded Jewellery should obtain the valid official license allowing such business activity issued by the NGJA
- The Export Services Division shall accept Export Consignment from 9.00 Am to 3.30 Pm on all working days. This is requested due to our commitment to extend a Transparent, Courteous & Efficient